Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Proposal

January 26, 2006
3:36 pm
From him to her

(In reference too Rain's
schmaltzy proposal to Lou. Hi Rain! Best wishes!)

Habi,
Huuu, aminin mo na, kinilig ka nang todo! 'Cause you never got THAT kind of proposal.No words to set the mood. No percussion, strings, or winds either. Just a question. Plain and simple.
I'm sorry you got less of an experience, that of a beginning without much ado. Because I too believed that it didn't matter where, when, or how I proposed, but that you said "Yes". Which after what felt like a lifetime you ultimately did.

Love,
Habi




January 26, 2006
5:33 pm
From her to him


Habi,

You're right,
I never got THAT kind of proposal. What I got was a thousand times more special. What better way to set the mood than a relaxing afternoon at the beach (in a foreign land, mind you), a blanket of stars (like diamonds in the sky), the sound of the ocean waves against the shore (my favorite sound in the whole world next to the sound of your voice), the majestic fortress as a backdrop, and the infinity pool (and what it stands for).
I was 'swept away without a warning, like night when morning begins the day, I was swept away' and when I came back to my senses, I had a magnificent ring on my finger (Until now, I still couldn't figure out how he managed to hold on to that ring while swimming. We were holding hands right before we went into the pool and so I knew that he wasn't wearing it.) and was serenaded with the best ever rendition of my birthday song.

No amount of cheesy words can replace all that. I cannot think of a more perfect way to start our ever after.
Love,
Habi




January 26, 2006
3:36 pm

From him to her

Revised:



Habi,

Huuu, aminin mo na,
kinilig ka nang todo!'Cause you never got THAT kind of proposal. No words to set the mood. No percussion, strings, or winds either. Just a question. Plain and simple.
I'm sorry you got less of an experience, that of a beginning without much ado. Because I too believed that it
didn't matter where, when, or how I proposed, but that you said "Yes". Which after what felt like a lifetime you ultimately did. For which I was more than glad.

Nah, it DID matter that I proposed IN a romantic island resort ON our birthday.

Love,
Habi

No comments: