Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Gypsy Musings on a Minstrel Triptych

October 14, 2005
4:23pm
From him to her

(In reference to the supposed ghosts from her very distant past)

Habi,

When do you dismiss such an outpouring of emotion?
When do you ignore a precious love forsaken?
When do
you think no more of time and talent given?
Never, Esmeralda: for potent is the potion.

Three summers and a day I walked on paths of silver,
Wand'ring amber fields and forests ocean-vast
Come eve, I receive your ghosts of summers past
I pay no heed: still they haunt me hither.

For your gypsy soul, I'd sell my blood and breath.
If I have to drink from the gold absinthe cup,
If I have t
o scream from sundown til sun-up,
Let the ghouls come to me to fight 'til death.


Habi


October 14, 2005

5:02 pm
From her to him


Habi,

You never cease to amaze me. Really.

If you must know, I have dismissed, ignored, and thought no more of the ghosts of my summers past. They will remain ghosts and they will remain in the past. No amount of rhyme (may it be threefold) can give me a change of heart.
I am happy where I am with the man I love. And I will be happy wherever the crazy gypsy in his soul takes me for the rest of the summers of my life.


And Habi, I am no Esmeralda (although I'm wearing my Esmeralda earrings right now). I am Quasimodo the hunchback.

Love,
Habi


October 14, 2005
5:37 pm
From him to her

Habi,

Hahaha, you see details that I don't and see humor in them. Here, YOU never cease to amaze me.

Won't take the train anymore; I'll be riding bus 65 instead (the first bus I ever rode in Singapore) from Ubi Ave 2 to Jalan Besar. Then, I'll take a walk to Little India station and meet my beloved hunchback there.

Love,
Habi

No comments: