Thursday, June 22, 2006

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

June 17, 2002
5:55 pm
From him to her
(original subject: Good Morning Email #x)


My dear Habi,
Yesterday, on this side of the world, I was doggedly trying to carry on my vicarious adventures with Frodo and his purportedly gay friends. Two paragraphs after, I was dozing off.
So there I was, peacefully taking a lazy Sunday afternoon nap, when I was rudely roused from my sleep. You know how it is when you wake up and strain your wits to remember a disturbing dream? Hah, wonder of all wonders! I dreamt that I was typing away on my PC, when I took a sidelong glance, and there you were on your PC! You were looking through me--no Thea blocking your line of sight, thank God--two slits of wonderful smiling eyes, rich russet lips, and dimples the depth of Taguig potholes. You stood up, walked towards me, reached out your cigarette-smoke-stained hands (well, not really; will try to work on dreaming in Scents-o-Rama next time), and pinched my chubby cheeks while saying "Tabaching-ching!" Shockingly disturbing.
There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real. That, was such a moment.

Habi
P.S. Dark chocolate = chubby cheeks. Thanks, baby! Mwah!

No comments: