Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Honey Beef Rice

May 27, 2002
11:32 am
From him to her

(original subject: Good Morning Email #1)

Good morning, Genevieve! How was your first weekend in the Lowlands so far? Gotten over jet lag already? I hope so.
Got into the office late by 5 minutes, as usual. Actually I would've beaten the clock hadn't Roylann called me on the sidewalk to catch my attention. He came with Reims and Ritchie 'cause he slept over with them in San Juan. Guess they had to render OT over the weekend for FMS. Oh, well.
My weekend was rather uneventful. Friday night, bought some chichirya along the way home for our Friends VCD telethon. Saturday morning, started to read the Fellowship of the Ring. Got sleepy after a while. Saturday afternoon, tried to read the Fellowship of the Ring again. Got sleepy after a while. Saturday night, more VCD viewing: this time its The Matrix. Before going to bed, tried to read the damn book one more time. In vain.
Sunday lunch was spent at a high school friend's son's baptismal. And I got the best compliments of the weekend so far: "Andrei, tumaba ka a! Ano ba'ng pinaggagagawa mo?" "Mukhang hiyang ka a. Meron na yatang nag-aalaga e."
That settles it. It's Honey Beef Rice, Glazed Chicken Rice, or Fish and Fries for dinner forever.
Heard Mass at 6:30. Gave my share of the budget for our Subic outing this coming weekend. Gastos na naman. Leche.
Remember the mass demonstration I talked to you about at the gate of our subdivision? The one you said was a really brilliant, contrived excuse for the boys' night-out with Sir Luc? Well, it happened again, minutes before I got off the jeep. Someone got shot again. All the tricycle drivers fled for safety. So there I was, trapped, home just a few meters away, with nowhere to go. I asked a tricycle driver from the nearby subdivision to send me to as far as our guardhouse then I would just walk the remaining distance. Talk about firming up those shapely legs at an inopportune time.
Too tired for more dinner (had Honey Beef Rice at Jollibee after Mass--hah! Nothing can stop me now!), I slept early. I had the weirdest dream. I was sitting near the stands in a football field, strumming my guitar to Stevie Wonder's Overjoyed. (I dream not only in Technicolor, but also in Full Stereo Surround Sound! Beat that!) And then suddenly, Sir Frank came out of nowhere into the stands, holding his cellphone to his ear, speaking in angry-sounding Dutch. He was walking back and forth and ordering some people about. I was ashamed 'cause there I was playing while the others were slaving away. Then I woke up and found out it was already 7:30 am. Aha! My brain was telling me to get up and go to work! Damn these interpretable dreams...
Haaay, yun lang po. Hope to hear from you as soon as possible. So did you get to go around Paris even for a few minutes? Wish I were with you. Miss you a lot. Je te souihate bonne chance pour ton travail aux Pays-Bas!

Andrei

P.S. I think some chicken bones are lodged in Mad Cows's throat 'cause he has been gurgling and regurgitating for the past few days now. What should we do? Do you know of any remedies?

No comments: