Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Velveteen Rabbit

October 3, 2005
10:02 am
From her to him

Original subject: Mahvelous Weekend

Habi,

Thank you for the marvelous weekend, my love. Everything was perfect – from our slow-it-down Saturday nap to the lovely dinner and romantic evening walk. Everyday activities become extraordinary when spent with you. We may have the comfortable intimacy of an ‘old couple’ but the ‘oldness’ stops right there. You still make my stomach turn with just the sound of your voice, you still make my skin burn with just a slight touch of your hand, you still make my heart skip a beat with just a smile.

I don’t care if all my hair gets loved off, and if my eyes drop out, and if I get loose in the joints. I may grow old and shabby but I wouldn’t mind at all because you will be right there growing old with me.
You have made me Real, I just hope it will last for always.

Love,
Habi


October 3, 2005
11:42 am
From him to her



Habi,

I tried to come up with some profound poetry, with prose even, but alas, my Muse was adamant: she has retreated into my psyche, refusing to come out and let everyone see her saline eyes. "It is not me who inspires, but definitely Her: that woman, that wretched piece of earth this man insanely calls God-given. I am no longer of use to him. Let him live and die, then, with Her whom he covets most, for surely he is happiest while sleeping in her arms, walking in her stride, and dwelling in her heart."

Love,
Habi


Read more on the Velveteen Rabbit here.

No comments: