Friday, July 14, 2006

A Misty Moisty Morning

October 13, 2005
10:32 am
From
him to her

Habi,

In the MRT, I was seated beside a guy who reeked of cigarette smoke and who chatted so loudly with someone on the phone from Boon Lay to Jurong East. After that he chatted, also so loudly, with his girlfriend on his other side. They got off in Commonwealth, and he was replaced, most unfortunately, by a sleepy middle-aged man who kept lolling his head over to my side. He got off in Outram Park. In other words, I was not able to sleep for long.

Oreo cookie-lookalikes and coffee for mid-morning coffee break.

Nakalimutan kong dalhin yung coupons! Ihuhulog ko na sana mamaya. Library ka ba mamaya? Good morning!

Love,
Habi

October 13, 2005
11:33 am
From
her to him

Habi,

I love reading about your mundane activities, you make them sound so interesting. Makes me think about this quote from one of the very few movies (I forgot which movie, but it’s a scene where a woman was drinking in a bar and pouring her heart out to the bartender) we watched over the last year:

“We need a witness to our lives. There’s a billion people on the planet. What does any one life really mean? But when you love, you promise to care about everything – the good things, the bad things, the mundane things. All of it, all of the time, everyday. You say, ‘Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness.’”

Or something like that.

I would like the honor to be the witness to your life as long as I live and as long as you’re happy to have me.

Love,
Habi

October 13, 2005
12:19 am
From him to her

Habi,

Susan Sarandon, ikaw ba yan? :op Syempre na-curious daw ako kung ano'ng movie yun. I never really remembered.
Must be Neil Gaiman rubbing off on me.
Or love, simply.
Because, to quote a The Jets song, there's magic everywhere when you're young (or young-but-feeling-old) and in-love.

Love,
Habi

No comments: